Retirement Living Architecture
N.G. Sanders & Associates have provided professional services for the design and delivery of Retirement Living projects throughout Queensland and New South Wales, with total Apartment numbers now approaching 2000. Those projects have predominately been co-located with Aged Care Facilities that we have also designed, and which comprise almost 4000 Residential Care Places. Our ongoing experience with developments for this sector spans over 35 years and the diverse expertise and understanding we have developed has prepared us well for keeping pace with anticipated design changes for such developments.
The forthcoming introduction of Consumer Directed Care, the related legislative changes and demands for improved Consumer Lifestyle Choices have far reaching implications for design philosophies and strategies for Retirement Living and Aged Care Facilities.
Providers are well aware of the situation and to a varying extent have begun strategising and preparing for the effects of those changes. Their existing circumstances and property stocks will naturally influence their way forward. In many cases, refurbishment of existing premises for improvements in efficiency and the provision of care will be required, so will the inclusion of additional Human Lifestyle and Well-Being Facilities.
Providers with green-field sites will be seeking ways to ensure their projects optimise the design opportunities available, whilst some with more mature stock may even consider demolition and reconstruction.
N.G. Sanders & Associates have already been fortunate in receiving commissions from providers who are pro-actively addressing the changes in order to take advantage of improved facility designs. We have been progressing designs for facility upgrades and have also provided designs for new facilities and for demolition and replacement works.
A significant example of such projects is a new QRS mixed use development, Portofino Apartments at Hamilton. This project is now under construction. It comprises 100 Residential Care Places and 50 spacious, Retirement Apartments. The project is a high quality development on a landmark site. It includes a central ground level, landscaped relaxation and entertainment Plaza which provides a vibrant hub for the local community, boasting a boutique supermarket, coffee shop, alfresco café, theatre, function facility, gym, club lounge, pharmacy and medical centre.
The Apartments are designed using principles adopted in “Apartments for Life” developments. They are designed to accommodate well, ageing residents who will be able to remain accommodated in their homes, throughout life, even when assistance or care is required.
Our retirement living projects have been predominately co-located with our Residential Aged Care projects. They include a significant number of apartments within 12 RSL Care Projects; 4 complexes for Australasian Conference Association; 3 Southern Cross Care facilities; 2 QRS projects and; a large number for Private Developers, Community organisations and Government Agencies.
Get in Touch
Examples of our Urban and Retirement Living Projects include the following:
- RSL Care Complexes in 12 Locations, embracing approx. 800 Retirement Living Apartments and 1200 Residential Care Places and, including:
- Fernhill Village, Caboolture;
- Cazna Gardens, Sunnybank Hills;
- Pinjarra Hills;
- Galleon Gardens, Currumbin;
- Centaur Retirement Village, Caloundra;
- Darlington, Banora Point
- Milford Grange, Eastern Heights
- RSL Westhaven, Toowoomba;
- Pioneers Lodge, Longreach;
- Rowes Bay, Townsville;
- Inverpine, Murrumba Downs;
- Bongaree Village, Bribie Island.
- QRS Developments, with an aggregate of 96 Residential Living Apartments and 100 Residential Care Places and including:
- Con-Noi, Carindale – 46 Apartments;
- Portofino, Hamilton – 50 Apartments;
- Australasian Conference Association developments with an appregate of 90 Retirement Living Apartments and 270 Residential Care Places and at:
- Melody Park, Gilston;
- Alstonville Retirement Village, Alstonville NSW;
- Avondale Retirement Village, Cooranbong NSW;
- Kressville Apartments, Cooranbong NSW