Aged Care Architecture
N.G. Sanders & Associates have been favoured with commissions for the design and delivery of Care Facilities accommodating nearly 4000 Residential Care suites. The completed facilities are located in urban and rural areas alike and vary from single storey structures to multi-level developments. A number of those Facilities have been constructed as staged developments of significant complexes, and many are co-located with Retirement Living Apartments. The number of apartments is now approaching 2000. Our Clients for those projects have a variety of backgrounds and philosophies. They have included Church and Charitable organisations, ‘for profit’ Commercial providers, local Community organisations and Government agencies.
Our significant experience in providing professional services for such projects spans in excess of 35 years. Our Clients have primarily sought our services following ‘word of mouth’ referrals and a significant number have provided us with repeat commissions over many years.
Our vast experience and continual reassessment of design criteria place us at the forefront of ensuring that our projects keep pace with change. Pertinently, a number of our Clients have indicated that they are strategising to determine the best way forward to plan for the implications of Consumer Directed Care and the associated effects of Consumer Lifestyle Choices.
Providers will no doubt have different individual circumstances which influence the direction they pursue to maximise the benefit of opportunities going forward.
We are currently involved with Clients who are approaching the changes proactively and progressing with new facility developments, and those who are alternatively proceeding with alterations and extensions to existing facilities to take advantage of the imminent changes.
In particular, improvements to Lifestyle Choice features and enhanced provision of high quality, discreet delivery of care and well-being services are being addressed. Also the inclusion of community integration in both Care Facility environments and Retirement Living Apartment formats is an important factor.
Retirement Living Apartments will have a distinct advantage if they are able to be initially accommodated by well, active residents who are able to receive appropriate support and care in their apartment, without relocation, when such need arises. Our latest Retirement Living Apartment projects are specifically designed for that important flexibility.
The QRS Portofino project at Hamilton provides a show-case example of a new, integrated Residential Aged Care, Retirement Living and Community focused development. It is specifically designed to positively respond to the forthcoming regulatory and lifestyle changes.
Get in Touch
Examples of our Urban and Regional Area Aged Care Projects include the following:
- RSL Care Complexes in 12 Locations, embracing approx. 1200 Residential Care Places and 800 Retirement Living Apartments, including:
- Fernhill Village, Caboolture;
- Cazna Gardens, Sunnybank Hills;
- Pinjarra Hills;
- Galleon Gardens, Currumbin;
- Centaur Retirement Village, Caloundra;
- Darlington, Banora Point
- Milford Grange, Eastern Heights
- RSL Westhaven, Toowoomba;
- Pioneers Lodge, Longreach;
- Rowes Bay, Townsville;
- Inverpine, Murrumba Downs;
- Bongaree Village, Bribie Island.
- QRS Developments, comprising 410 Residential Care Places and 96 Residential Living Apartments including:
- Casa d Amore, Coorparoo;
- Con-Noi, Carindale;
- Carindale Brook, Carindale;
- Carindale Court Refurbishment, Carindale;
- Portofino, Hamilton
- Australasian Conference Association developments with an appregate of 270 Residential Care Places and 90 Retirement Living Apartments at:
- Melody Park, Gilston;
- Alstonville Retirement, Alstonville NSW;
- Avondale Retirement Village, Cooranbong NSW;
- Kressville Apartments, Cooranbong NSW
- Southern Cross Care, Rural Facilities with an aggregated total of 127 Residential Care Suites:
- Illoura Retirement Village, Chinchilla
- Taralga Retirement Village, Jandowae
- Castra Retirement Village, Murgon
- Rural Facilities, which are numerous and broadly spread across regional Queensland and New South Wales. Examples are:
- Pinaroo, Roma QLD – Staged Redevelopment with a total of 70 Residential Care Suites
- Mareeba, Maclean NSW – 68 new and 47 Refurbished Care Suites
- Southern Cross Care, Monto QLD – 60 Residential Care Suites
- Alstonville Care Facility, NSW – 50 Residential Care Suites